When you realize that wildlife is living in your attic, your first priority is likely to get rid of the critters. The Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control team can help you do this quickly and safely. However, the job isn’t over at this point. Wildlife can cause significant damage to your attic. Fortunately, we can help with that too. That is why, for wildlife control Milwaukee residents turn to Skedaddle.
The Wildlife Is Gone, Now What?
If you have had wildlife in your attic, they likely left their mark. Getting them out (with professional help) is only the first step of the process. Cleanup, repairs and prevention need to follow. Without these essential elements, you may be dealing with the fallout of the infestation for weeks, months or years.
In addition to the presence of wildlife, which can be dangerous, there are also the risks of contracting disease and allowing other wildlife to enter in the future. Additionally, you likely won’t want to simply leave any damage to worsen.
The Risk of Disease
Arguably the most significant risk associated with wildlife infestations is that of disease. The wildlife may carry bacteria, viruses and parasites that can remain even after their removals. The most significant problem areas are their droppings and any nests. However, they may cause disease risk almost anywhere that they have traveled within your home.
Thorough cleaning is important and should be done with appropriate protective equipment and careful hygiene standards. Additionally, it is helpful to have a knowledgeable technician do the cleaning as he or she will know where to find the impacts of the infestation.
Common Types of Damage
There are many ways that wildlife can damage your home. These are some of the most common types of damage:
- Damage Caused To Aid Movement: Wildlife likes to chew, scratch, peck and break to make more room for their easy movement. This can help them get around inside your house. They may also create or widen ways into your home.
- Grease Stains: Many animals have greasy fur. This can rub off around your home. In addition to being grimy, these stains can attract other wildlife.
- Damage From Leavings: Like all other living beings, wildlife in your attic need to relieve themselves. This almost always causes at least superficial damage. It also can cause mold to grow. In short, this needs to be dealt with quickly.
- Materials Taken for Nests: Wildlife likes to make nests and storage areas in your attic. This usually means taking materials such as insulation and wood chips from around your home.
- Chewing: Wildlife sometimes just chew on your home. This can be while exploring or just to clear out some space. They can chew through wood, wires and more. This can weaken the structural components of your home over time.
How Skedaddle Can Help
The good news is that Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control is here to help. Our process has three steps: assess and remove, clear and clean, then prevent and protect. In other words, we can help to safely and efficiently clean up after removing a wildlife infestation.
We focus on making sure you won’t have future problems. Additionally, we work hard to bring your attic back to normal. In some cases, the damage may also require the help of a builder, especially if there is structural damage.
Call for Wildlife Removal and Cleanup Today
If you are struggling with a wildlife infestation or need to clean and repair after wildlife has left, contact Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control Milwaukee. Our knowledgeable technicians can help return your home to the state it was in before the infestation. Wildlife infestations are serious problems. So, work with the experts to get the job done right.