You probably know them as cute little animals that stink! Skunks may seem harmless enough and even have good qualities, but when they spray their scent, you will quickly realize why you don’t want them hanging around. If a skunk family has made itself at home in your home, you want to evict them. This doesn’t mean you should go near them, try to trap them or try to pick them up. Instead, contact a Montreal skunk control professional to handle the wildlife in your home.
What Are Skunks Good For?
If you’re a farmer, you likely enjoy having a skunk family around, though you don’t want them nesting in your actual house. Skunks are good for a few reasons:
- They ward off predators. If you have problems with other wildlife coming around to eat your chickens or destroy your property, a skunk’s strong smell can ward them off. They don’t have many natural predators thanks to their musk.
- They feed on pests. Farmers, landowners and gardeners often enjoy having a skunk around because they eat other pests that eat the vegetation. Some of the most common pests a skunk feasts on include grasshoppers, beetles, bees and insect larvae. They also eat mice, voles and some reptiles.
- They’re fairly easy to get rid of. Many skunks will stay away if they hear human voices, so if you’ve got a problem, you can often deal with the situation simply by leaving a light on and keeping talk radio on all night for a few nights. Unlike other types of wildlife, the skunks are likely to get the hint and find somewhere else to go. This is a humane way to get rid of the wildlife nesting in your home.
What Are Other Humane Deterrents?
When you’re looking to get rid of skunks for good, there are several natural, humane deterrent strategies you can use in Montreal:
- Eliminating Attractants – Skunks are scavengers, so they look for opportunities for an easy dinner. They eat chickens, eggs, pet food, berries and even your leftovers that get thrown out with the trash. Consider getting rid of these things if you have a serious skunk issue. You can also build shelters for your chickens, take the pet food in at night and ensure your garbage can lids are secure.
- Applying Repellents – There are products you can spray around a skunk’s nest in the hopes of repelling the creatures. If you’ve noticed an area where they come and go from your home, that can be a good spot to apply the repellent.
- Contacting the Professionals – One of your best options is calling Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control. With a three-step process to Assess and Remove, Clear and Clean, Prevent and Protect, we can get your skunk issue under control.
Why Are Professionals Required for Montreal Skunk Control?
It’s never a good idea to handle wildlife on your own. Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control personnel are professionals at dealing with skunks and other wild animals. When you hire pros, it ensures the process is handled safely and effectively. There is no unnecessary stress placed on the animal and no additional stress placed on you.
When skunks are removed from a nest inside the home, there’s always a chance another animal will move into that existing nest. Hiring Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control professionals is a great way to avoid that. Our removal experts properly screen the den so no other wild animals will take up residency in your home.
Contacting the Professionals Today
If you have a problem with skunks living in or near your home, it’s best to have the professionals humanely remove them. Contact Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control today to get started with skunk removal services in Montreal.