It can be nice to sit out back and watch the birds visit your yard, but when they come to stay, you could end up with a problem. Whether you attracted them to your property with a bird feeder or they found an accessible entrance to a protected nesting area within your home, you might be rethinking your situation. At Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control, we have the bird removal Milwaukee solutions you’re looking for to prevent those birds from nesting in or near your home.
Why Are Birds Problematic?
Not every bird in Milwaukee is problematic to your home and property, but plenty of them are. If you’ve noticed birds nesting nearby, you should understand the problems they could cause:
- A Big Mess – Birds collect a lot of different items to use in building a nest. Twigs, hay, garbage, feathers, mud, and various other items could make up a birds nest on your property. In raising the baby birds, the nesting materials get loose and could fall to the ground below. Moulted feathers and bird feces could also end up in your yard or house.
- A Dangerous Situation – Birds don’t realize they’re building nests in dangerous locations. They’re just looking for an area that’s protected from predators and weather. If they can make their way into your chimney, gutter, or dryer vent, they’ll make a nest there! This becomes a dangerous situation and a fire hazard. It’s also hazardous for your family and for the birds if they nest within reach of your pets and young children because bird droppings do harbour disease.
- A Species Invasion – Not many birds fly solo. It’s possible you could just have one bird nesting on your property, but where there is one bird, there is often a whole flock. Some birds are also naturally invasive and will “steal” a nest from another bird. This can quickly get out of hand until you have a full-on invasion on your hands.
What Should You Do?
When you’re ready to take care of your bird nesting issue in Milwaukee, there are some preventative measures you can handle on your own. This includes restricting entrances to your home and blocking cavities. You could also put the bird feeder away and sell the birdbath. When you’ve done all you can do to prevent unwanted bird nesting, or if you’ve already got an issue, we’re here to help. At Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control, our bird removal Milwaukee services include:
- Assessing and Removing – We’ll take a look at all of the common entry points to determine how the birds are getting into your home. Carefully, we’ll remove the birds from your chimney, vent, or other location. Depending on the type of bird it is, we may not remove the birds and nests if there are eggs or babies. Instead, we’ll place a protective container where the nest was so they can be cared for until they can fly.
- Clearing and Cleaning – Once the birds and nests are fully removed, we ensure everything is cleaned up, so you’re not exposed to certain health risks that come with droppings and carcasses.
- Preventing and Protecting – Finally, it’s time to prevent a future invasion and protect your family. We provide screening and sealing services as a way to avoid similar issues of wildlife from getting into your home.
Contact Us Today
At Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control, we are experts at safely removing wildlife from your property. If you’ve recently discovered you have birds nesting on your property, it’s important that you stay clear of them and get the professionals on the job. Contact us today so we can discuss your bird problem and provide you with humane solutions.