As a business owner, you have a lot on your plate already. You have to worry that business is running smoothly, that your employees are doing what they should when they should, and that your commercial finances are balanced at all times. You don’t need anything else to worry about, but if someone notices a mouse in the office, you have to do something! As your mice removal Madison professionals, we’ll give you all the tips and tricks for dealing with these pesky creatures.
1. Take Note of the Details
Perhaps the first thing you should do when someone notices a mouse is to note where it was located. Did someone see feces? Did someone hear scurrying? Did an actual mouse run across a floor or into a crack in the wall? These are all important things to even just mentally take note of so you can work toward getting rid of the problem.
2. Call in the Professionals
Mice carry all kinds of diseases, so you should never try to handle the situation on your own. If there are mice or signs of mice in your place of business, you should call in the professionals right away. One reason it’s essential to get on it immediately is because of the diseases the mice can carry to your clients and employees. Another reason is that they will cause structural damage inside your building. Finally, once word gets out that there are mice in your building, the fact could deter customers and even potential employees.
Our professionals have the right experience and equipment to ensure the job gets done right. If you have a health concern, we’re happy to answer any questions, as we deal with these situations all the time. Once we have safely removed the mice from your office, we’ll work hard to clear and clean the area, so it’s sanitary.
3. Look for Areas To Improve
You can do various tasks to improve your office so mice won’t be enticed to take up residence there. Some prevention tips include:
- Keeping the office clean – Even leaving a full garbage overnight could lure a mouse into the office in hopes of finding food inside. Keep your office clean using a rotating cleaning checklist that all employees must be a part of.
- Requiring food to be eaten in the kitchen – Everyone wants a snack at some point during the workday, but if you’re trying to prevent a mouse infestation, you might want to require that all food be consumed in the kitchen or break room.
- Sealing all food items – Even when the food is kept in the kitchen or break room, it should be sealed in durable plastic containers with lids that screw on.
4. Make Necessary Changes and Repairs
You should seek to understand how the mice are getting into your office in the first place so you can make some necessary changes and repairs. For example, they may be hitchhiking on crates that are delivered and stored in a back warehouse. You could then implement a better inspection policy. Maybe they’re coming in through a break in the building’s foundation. You could then have it repaired. Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control professionals can help you find the problem areas and seal them up to not run into this issue again.
At Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control, we are the go-to team for mice removal Madison professionals. Whether this is something you’ve been dealing with for a long time, or you’ve just noticed signs of mice, let us check out the situation. Contact us today in Madison to request service.