Raccoons and humans have been sharing urban areas more and more these days due to rapid development. But while most animals would not fare so well in the presence of people, raccoons have surprisingly thrived in these conditions. We are taking a closer look at raccoons and for residents of Milwaukee, raccoon removal information from the experts at Skedaddle.
Why are Raccoons so Adaptable?
Most people hate raccoons and want them gone immediately. However, these animals seem to never give up once their mind is set on getting into various places in search of food. But, why are they such successful urban survivors? Let’s take a closer look;
- They are omnivores – A racoon will eat just about anything, including plants, insects and animals. They don’t care what it is as long as it’s edible. They will also eat fruit, grass, frogs, mice, fish, worms and so on. They have adjusted to city life so well that they became scavengers. Anything out of the trash bin can become their food. And because there are so many trash bins all over Milwaukee, raccoons won’t be going away anytime soon.
- They can live anywhere- Raccoons prefer living in hollow trees but will settle for just about anything as long as it’s safe and warm. They are excellent climbers so they can also get in your attic or chimney as well.
- They are highly evolved- Raccoons have five long fingers with nails that are extremely useful tools for their survival. By touching and inspecting things, they process the world through their hands. Because they are so focused on the touch, their brain developed and they became intelligent, clever animals that we see all around the city today.
Raccoon Problems in Milwaukee
Southern Wisconsin is a large metropolitan area and because of that, the racoon population is thriving. They are extremely adaptable, they can break into most locked trash bins or dumpster. This isn’t as large an issue as raccoons making a mess under the hood of your car or nesting in your attic or chimney.
People in Milwaukee find them to be a nuisance and a danger to themselves and their properties.
Some of the most common raccoon calls are about:
- Raccoons in the crawlspace
- Ruining the ductwork
- Digging holes in and around a house
- Raccoons in the chimney
- Ruining attic insulation or attic screen
Some people try to get rid of these creatures on their own but this is a huge mistake. These raccoons are advanced and they will scratch, bite, claw and do whatever it takes to avoid danger. Especially if they are protecting their babies. It’s best to call professional Milwaukee raccoon removal services.
Baby Raccoons in Milwaukee, WI
Baby raccoons are usually born around March or May. If you find baby raccoons in your attic or your crawlspace, never remove them or harm them because the female is in the close vicinity and she will do whatever it takes to make you go away.
Whether you are dealing with adult raccoons, baby raccoons or a nest, you should never try to remove them on your own but call for professional help like Skedaddle Milwaukee, experts in Milwaukee raccoon removal.