Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control, Canada’s largest urban wildlife control company is currently seeking quality individuals interested in a fresh and unique career opportunity. We are currently seeking candidates for both our Ottawa and Hamilton locations.
This full-time position requires no previous experience and offers the freedom of outdoor work and dealing with new situations every day. The excitement and adventure that comes with working as a professional wildlife control technician are unmatched by any other occupation! This is an amazing opportunity for a select few people who are seeking a career that is extremely rewarding.
Our company helps people resolve their conflicts with nuisance wildlife. Project management duties include communicating with and meeting new clients, evaluating problems and developing strategies for resolution.
A successful candidate has excellent communication and time management skills, is self-motivated, enthusiastic, has a strong desire to succeed, and will also:
- Enjoy dealing with animals
- Enjoy putting people at ease and solving their problems
- Thrive on new challenges
- Be able to work independently
- Be physically fit
- Not be afraid of heights or confined spaces
- Have a good driving record
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
We also offer outstanding benefits, including:
Company vehicle, smartphone, uniforms, equipment, and supplies
Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Inspect buildings and outside areas of property to detect signs of wildlife intrusion.
- Humanely remove and exclude wildlife from homes and structures.
- Repair wildlife damage and wildlife-proof entry points.
- Advise clients on how to prevent or limit wildlife encounters in or around their home.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Work in various weather conditions.
- Operate in confined spaces including attics and crawlspaces.
- Use of power/hand tools, insulation/restoration equipment.
- Job assignments may include positions such as crouching, squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, climbing up & down ladders, carrying ladders and other equipment.
- Direct and/or assist your colleagues.
- Comply with all company health and safety policies.
- High-School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexibility with hours.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Comply with all Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control policies and procedures, as well as Federal and Provincial legislation and regulations.
If you are interested in becoming part of an industry changing team, and prepared to leave “boring” jobs behind, consider your future with Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control…it will change your life!
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to put “Wildlife Technician” in your subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Thank you for your interest, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.