You may love squirrels, but when they decide to take up residence in your attic, that’s another matter altogether. A squirrel infestation is more than a simple annoyance; it can cause serious damage to your home and health.
When squirrels nest in your attic, they damage insulation, wooden elements, and wiring. In addition to the structural damage they might cause, squirrels and their waste products bring potentially dangerous germs, parasites, and bacteria into your home. If you’re dealing with a squirrel problem, there are a few important things you should know about wildlife removal in Edgewater.
Why You Should Avoid DIY Methods of Wildlife Removal in Edgewater
Many homeowners underestimate the seriousness of squirrel infestation and the level of expertise needed to deal with the problem. They mistakenly believe they can save money by handling the issue themselves. There are several reasons to use professional wildlife removal in Edgewater instead:
- Removing the animals yourself exposes you to bacteria, disease, and potential animal attacks.
- Some methods are inhumane and could cause the squirrels to die in your attic leading to foul odors and increased health risks.
- You may not know how to detect and fix the damage caused by the infestation. Issues such as structural damage and exposed wiring can be dangerous if not repaired.
- Once the squirrels are gone, you may not have the expertise to prevent future infestations.
The cost of professional wildlife removal is small compared to the cost you may incur if a squirrel infestation is not dealt with effectively.
Who You Should Have Remove Squirrels
As soon as you know of a squirrel infestation, seek a humane squirrel removal service such as Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control. Professionals such as these will have the expertise and tools to remove the squirrels humanely and address any issues their presence may have caused in your attic.
How To Remove Squirrels Safely
A skilled and humane squirrel removal service will take several steps to address your squirrel problem. The process will include the following:
- Remove the squirrels safely and completely.
- Thoroughly clean the previously infested area.
- Assess the area for damage and complete common repairs.
- Protect your home from future infestations by blocking all potential access points.
Hiring professionals for wildlife removal will protect your Edgewater home from damage without exposing you to potential health risks.
How To Prevent Future Problems
Taking care of a squirrel problem is useless if you don’t take steps to prevent future infestations. Professional removal technicians have the training to identify signs of squirrel activity and detect potential points of entry into your home. They will inspect common access points, including:
- Wall, gable, and roof vents
- Gaps between the roof and soffits
- Damaged or weakened areas of the roof structure
Once they have identified the potential entry points, wildlife removal experts will take measures to block and fortify them with custom steel screens. This will prevent squirrels from entering your attic space and protect against other species, including skunks, raccoons, and bats.
Experienced Wildlife Removal in Edgewater
Squirrels are adorable, but there’s nothing cute about the problems they may cause. These small creatures can cause structural damage and serious health problems. Trying to deal with them on your own can be dangerous and ineffective.
If you need trusted wildlife removal in Edgewater, contact the experts at Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control. They have been in the business of humane wildlife removal for nearly 35 years. Members of their highly trained team are ready to meet with you to develop a plan that addresses any problems you have today and prevents potential issues in the future.