The DamageThe extent of the damage to your property and the health risks associated with a wildlife invasion are usually determined by the type of animal that has gained access to your Etobicoke home.
- Mice are the most common animals to find their way into your home. An adult mouse can produce 50-75 droppings a day and spread dozens of harmful diseases.
- Raccoons turn their den site into a giant litter box and this can cause bad smells and serious health concerns. Raccoon feces contain roundworm eggs that can cause serious illness, and even death, if ingested by humans.
- Squirrels love to gnaw on surfaces, they chew through electrical wires, structural wood, and insulation and can cause an extreme amount of damage in a very short space of time.
- Bird’s nests can block important venting systems and act as a fire accelerant. Their droppings, if inhaled by humans, can cause a lung disease called histoplasmosis.
- Bats produce large amounts of feces. Like birds, bat droppings are associated with histoplasmosis. Living with bats also increases your chances of coming into contact with the rabies virus.