A Rodent InvasionSkedaddle takes animal welfare seriously for all animals. We understand that, for many people, the idea of mice in their living space is especially hard to handle, as there is an innate fear that strikes to the heart when these industrious and intelligent creatures are discovered in the home. This is all the more reason to hire help to remove them. There is no doubt that it is important to take care of any rodent issues in your home. They can do a great deal of damage, and their feces and urine are vectors for spreading diseases that are harmful to humans and pets. It may be tempting to go the route of using poison to kill the intruders, but there are several reasons why doing so is not a good option, including:
- The method is not a humane way to treat the animals.
- It does not always work, as some mice may not ingest enough to kill them, or they may suffer a slow death.
- When the mice do die, their carcasses are left to rot inside your home.
- Rodenticides are not just harmful to rodents; they are also dangerous for children and pets.
- Ontario has very strict laws for animal welfare, and cruelty to animals is not taken lightly in our province.