What a professional animal control company will do for you.
- An expert will be able to identify all potential entry points - like cracks in walls and foundations, damaged roofs and spaces around vents, wires, pipes, windows, and doors. Remember a mouse only needs a tiny crack to get into your home.
- Once they have identified these entry points they will block them with suitable material like wire mesh, wood or spray foam insulation.
- They can also place weather stripping around your doors and windows, and install chimney caps and vent covers.
What you need to doOnce the expert has taken care of your mouse problem, you can also follow certain steps to keep the mice at bay and reduce the number of places they can nest close to your home.
- Keep compost, garden waste, mulch, and wood piles as far from your house as possible.
- Keep your yard clean, tidy and free of trash – mice love making their nests in messy places.
- Repair any damage to your property, like cracks and holes, as soon as possible.