About Milwaukee BatsMilwaukee bats are small and warm-blooded. While they are mammals, they have the amazing - or scary, depending on your perspective - ability to fly. Eating almost three times their weight every night, bats use echolocation to find their food which mainly consists of small insects. While caves might seem like appropriate places for these animals, they will also form colonies in homes and buildings because they enjoy the consistent temperatures between the walls and in the attic. The colonies they form can vary in size but no matter how small the colony, bats almost always cause structural damage to the property and they also pose health risks for people living or working within the building. They cause the most problems during the spring and summer months in Milwaukee. If you think there could be bats in your home or office, pay attention to these signs;
- Noise - They cause a lot of noise with their echolocation, especially if there's a lot of them.
- Guano - This is bat poop and you'll probably notice it around attic entry points or on the insulation.
- Brown stains - The bat skin secretes a brown oil that will squeeze through the cracks in your attic. If you notice it, even the smallest sign of it, you probably have bats.
- Activity - If you are outside during dawn or dusk, you'll probably see them exiting to get food or returning to rest during the day.
How to Get Rid of BatsYou should call for help from experts as soon as you notice signs of bats as they can be a risk to your home or your health to be left there for a long time. With Skedaddle, our tried and true methods of humane bat removal have been helping homeowners for years. These methods include;
- Assessment - We will assess the entry points of bats, the extent of the infestation and the proper course of action.
- Remove - To ensure the most humane removal of bats possible, our experts have a vast knowledge of their biology and how they behave. We will remove the entire bat colony from your attic, including the babies - bats never leave their babies behind and they might return if this gets overlooked. It can even increase the health risks and costs of removal later. This is why we make sure that the entire colony is removed.
- Cleaning - After the humane removal of the bats, our professionals will clean any contaminated material like poop or carcasses which are serious health risks. The bat guano has to be removed with specialized equipment and the guano has to later be removed through the attic hatch and not your home. Guano is a highly unhealthy material and you shouldn't try to remove it on your own.
- Protection - Finally, our professionals will make sure that all of the entry points are sealed and that your home is safe from the bats. The materials used in prevention also include a lifetime guarantee.