Striped skunks are most famous for the odor they can emit. Not only can this animal cause damage to your senses, but to your home as well. Almost as a rule, the presence of skunks requires professional animal control services in your Milwaukee home. Although they are not aggressive animals, they are careful not to spray themselves with their odor. It’s very difficult to distinguish between healthy skunks and those infected with rabies, which makes professional removal always necessary.
What You May and May Not Know About These Critters
Skunks are famous for the horrible smell they create when they are attacked. The smell can linger on pets or in ventilation systems for weeks, even months. But these pests can also cause significant damage to your building and landscaping. Here are some facts about skunks:
- Skunks tend to burrow out their dens, making the surrounding wood weak and unstable
- They often dig in gardens to find their food, with their diet consisting of insects, grubs, and garbage
- The smell from skunks spray can linger on skin and clothing for days, weeks and months
- Rabies-infected skunks are virtually indistinguishable from healthy skunks
- Skunk spray can cause nausea and vomiting
- Skunks are social animals and several families may congregate in a single den, with a single litter having 4-6 babies
- The most effective method in getting rid of skunks is to remove all the skunks and completely seal the entire porch, shed or foundation from further entry by digging a trench and installing screening
- Removing the adult won’t make your problem go away, as it could leave the babies in the den. Several techniques may be required to remove all the skunks, with the entry point being sealed off
- Digging and burrowing are telltale signs of skunk activity. Damage to lawns and gardens also may be evident
What’s the Best Way to Deal With Skunks?
Dealing with a skunk infestation on your property is one of those jobs that no one really wants to do, but a job that has to get done anyway. If you’re a bit squeamish about having to take on such a smelly adversary, opt to call in the professionals to get it done for you. When searching for the best company to help you with this, it’s important to choose wisely. A particularly simple decision would be to get in touch with Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control and enjoy your day while Skedaddle experts take care of the problem swiftly, effectively and reliably.
What Makes Skedaddle Such an Authority When Dealing With Skunks and Other Wildlife?
With three-decades worth of experience, our unique approach to each infestation situation that includes humane removal methods and techniques and our dedication to the conservation of wildlife. But first and foremost, our company’s proven three-step process is what truly benefits our clients. Starting off by assessing and removing any and all traces of skunks on your property in the first step, Skedaddle technicians follow-up by clearing, cleaning and sanitizing all of the affected areas with cutting-edge tools and technology. Lastly, we take care of future-proofing your home and property with the use of durable materials on which you’re given a lifetime warranty. Skedaddle is the right choice for Milwaukee animal control any way you look at it, so get in touch with us today and save yourself the trouble of dealing with your smelly visitors by yourself.