1. Take Note of the DetailsPerhaps the first thing you should do when someone notices a mouse is to note where it was located. Did someone see feces? Did someone hear scurrying? Did an actual mouse run across a floor or into a crack in the wall? These are all important things to even just mentally take note of so you can work toward getting rid of the problem.
2. Call in the ProfessionalsMice carry all kinds of diseases, so you should never try to handle the situation on your own. If there are mice or signs of mice in your place of business, you should call in the professionals right away. One reason it's essential to get on it immediately is because of the diseases the mice can carry to your clients and employees. Another reason is that they will cause structural damage inside your building. Finally, once word gets out that there are mice in your building, the fact could deter customers and even potential employees. Our professionals have the right experience and equipment to ensure the job gets done right. If you have a health concern, we're happy to answer any questions, as we deal with these situations all the time. Once we have safely removed the mice from your office, we'll work hard to clear and clean the area, so it's sanitary.
3. Look for Areas To ImproveYou can do various tasks to improve your office so mice won't be enticed to take up residence there. Some prevention tips include:
- Keeping the office clean - Even leaving a full garbage overnight could lure a mouse into the office in hopes of finding food inside. Keep your office clean using a rotating cleaning checklist that all employees must be a part of.
- Requiring food to be eaten in the kitchen - Everyone wants a snack at some point during the workday, but if you're trying to prevent a mouse infestation, you might want to require that all food be consumed in the kitchen or break room.
- Sealing all food items - Even when the food is kept in the kitchen or break room, it should be sealed in durable plastic containers with lids that screw on.