Bats are remarkable animals that are more closely related to humans than rodents like rats and mice. While they are hugely interesting and very beneficial to the ecosystem and environment, they do have their downsides. Most of them are considered pests when they invade people’s homes in search of warm and dry places to roost and nest. If discovered, remember that professional bat removal services for your Milwaukee home are the best and safest option.
There are many facts about bats that spell positive for humans. Please keep in mind that discovering bat infestations in your home requires you to call professional Milwaukee bat removal providers. Here is what’s good about bats:
- Bats mostly feed on insects and can devour between 600 and 2,000 insects each hour. They are hugely important insect control mammals. Their diets mostly consist of insects that attacks crops or carry diseases (e.g. rootworms and mosquitoes).
- A significant part of the bat population is also frugivores, which is helpful to humans as bats spread plant seeds and pollinate fruit-bearing plants as a result of their diet.
- Guano nourishes many plants and animals, which happen to be fellow cave dwellers.
There are a number of things about bats that also spell trouble for humans, and most of them are health-related. Here is why bats can be dangerous to humans:
- A family of bats living in your home can cause damage to your roof, insulation, walls and any other location of your home they may be dwelling. In some cases, their droppings could possibly even contaminate your water. Creating a serious health risk.
- Approximately 5 percent of bats carry rabies, a disease that is life-threatening to humans. Bats typically won’t bite humans unless provoked. Anyone who gets bitten needs to be examined by a medical professional immediately. Be especially careful of bats that appear to be sick or injured – these bats are likely to have rabies.
- Histoplasmosis is another disease associated with bats. Infected bats’ guano contains a dangerous fungus; if you inhale the spores of this fungus from large amounts of guano, you could contract histoplasmosis. This disease starts in the lungs, progresses to flu-like symptoms and is even fatal in a number of cases.
Do You Need Professional Bat Removal In Milwaukee? Go With Skedaddle
Bats can be both beneficial and dangerous to humans. The most important thing to remember is not to take risks if you discover bats in your home or property. The absolute safest way to deal with the situation is to call for professional bat removal services. Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control is a company that is capable of solving your bat problem quickly, effectively and reliably. Having helped more than 200,000 homeowners over the course of two decades, Skedaddle has both the knowledge and experience to remove the pesky bats safely and permanently. Call Skedaddle today and ensure your home remains bat-free.